gracecheung604 | write on time: Lunch with the Office Gang at Tableau

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lunch with the Office Gang at Tableau

After a busy RRSP season at work, a few of us decided to head out for a "Thank God It's Over/Celebratory Lunch" and chose Tableau for its proximity to our office. I have been several times before at their previous Voya at the Loden, but have yet to try this new incarnation.
Even though it was lunch time, the warm bread arrived while we were perusing the menu. Since I didn't have breakfast, we quickly devoured the soft chewy bread and decided on lunch. 
One of the choices was their Pappardelle and Mushroom with leeks and pine nuts. Although this looks like a very light sauce, it really served to showcase the mushrooms and pasta. It's a good meatless option. 
One of the lighter eaters of the group decided on the French Onion Soup. It's your usual gruyere laden cheesy goodness, broiled and bubbly. But because I didn't try it, I'm not sure how the broth actually was. Considering my co-worker finished it, I am going to say it was a good one! Just the look of the cheesy goodness won me over.
I was the porker of the group and decided to have one of the "Les Sandwichs". There is a veggie option with tomato, bocconcini and basil, as well as a BBQ Pulled Chicken with cheddar. But I decided to go with the Beef Brisket, sauerkraut and gruyere. 

I decided to get my sandwich with a salad, although you can choose frites or soup.  The salad was a bright mix of greens, carrots, radish and cheery tomatoes. This was a nice light start to the meal.

The sandwich was amazing. So rich, so perfectly stuffed with brisket, sauerkraut and cheese, I was amazed. I also loved the grilled bread, but boy, was it rich. This is one half of the sandwich and I think I had about a third of it before calling it quits. I think this would be enough for two people, maybe with another side salad to balance things out. 
They have daily feature, and I really want to go back on a Wednesday, because it's their Duck Confit lunch! 
Tableau Bar Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...