gracecheung604 | write on time: Why Working Out is Good For You.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Why Working Out is Good For You.

So it's been just over a month since the Olympics have left Vancouver. During the games, I switched up my hours to work 6-2 (instead of my usual 8-4) to compensate for the nonsensical closure of both the Georgia and Dunsmuir Viaducts. So, I had a month of getting up at 5am to haul my sleepy butt to the office. You have to remember that I was actually attending Olympic events in the evening too, so sleep was a long lost relative that month.
Well, I still wake up at 5am now, post-Olympics, but I hit the gym before going to work. My eyes might not be wide open, but my legs are coordinated enough to work the elliptical, most days...
That's why it was wonderful to see this article in the Globe and Mail this morning: I run to drink. In the article, marathoners fess up to smoking and drinking even while training. So even if I can't run a marathon, I can at least share some of their habits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...